The revision process of the Ecosystem Services Procedure began in 2022 with the decision of the Board of Directors to establish a technical working group consisting of 3 interest balanced members and 3 technical members. Shortly thereafter, the Policy Steering Group approved the terms of reference of the revision process.
The kick off meeting with the technical working group was held in July 2022. After several virtual calls, the first revised draft was produced. This draft is now currently under consultation and open for all stakeholders to provide feedback.
Key concepts up for consultation of the revised draft version of the procedure include:
- Preconditions and additional safeguards for forest managers, project developers and sponsors
- Requirements for applicants for FSC Forest Management Certification
- Introductory requirements to use FSC Ecosystem Services Claims
- Enhanced impact demonstration process enabling claims based on impact data
- Additional requirements for promotion and communication
- Framework to govern the right to use claims
- Additional requirements for certification bodies
- Inclusion of a new ecosystem services regarding cultural services
- Streamlined application of the procedure and additional possibilities for SLIMF and community forests
FSC particularly welcomes feedback from FSC Members, FSC-certified forest managers, certification bodies, project developers, sponsors of FSC-certified forests, FSC Network Partners/Regional Offices; but all input from any interested stakeholder is welcome.
Would you like to know more?
- 17:00-18:00 CET (16:00-17:00 GMT), 21 February 2023, in English with simultaneous translation into Spanish and French. Register here
Learn more about this revision process on the FSC website, under Current Processes (here). Anyone interested to stay informed is invited to sign up to the Consultative Forum mailing list (here) for updates on the revision of FSC-PRO-30-006.
We are looking forward to your input!