An In-person half day course for up to 12 participants (more by arrangement) can be run at your premises. Courses tend to focus on a main themes of FSC chain of custody and using the FSC trademarks but can be adapted to meet the needs of architects and construction companies, printers and packagers, retailers, re-sellers, manufacturers of paper and wood products and many others who wish to engage with the FSC system.
Courses are available from £900 plus VAT.
NOTE: Due to Covid-19 our In person training is currently suspended and has been replaced by a 2 hour webinar. It covers the same topics and is for the same amount of people (12). It costs £450 + VAT.
FSC chain of custody training (online)
This online training module will provide organisations the opportunity to easily access and learn about FSC Chain of Custody certification, as stand-alone or in preparation for more in-depth webinar training (face-to-face training is currently suspended due to Covid-19). The training also intends to bring further benefits to your organisation such as increasing staff knowledge and improving engagement with suppliers.
The module includes an explanation of:
- How the FSC chain of custody system works.
- The roles of FSC International, FSC National offices, certification bodies and Assurance Services International.
- The different FSC labels, the 3 systems for controlling FSC claims and a brief overview of FSC controlled wood.
- How to use the FSC certificate database and how to check that companies have FSC certification, what FSC certified products they can supply and how to check invoices.
- An introduction to the FSC trademarks
This course is free for UK certificate holders. For UK organisations that don’t have FSC certification, this training can be accessed for a fee of £130 plus VAT for 3 months or £50 plus VAT for one month (for up to 5 users from an organisation).
Promotional licence holder training (online)
This online training module is designed to introduce you to the FSC trademark licence system and explains how you can use the FSC trademarks in your business. Trademark licence holders are organisations which are not required to hold Chain of Custody certification but who are using the FSC trademarks in their business for promotional purposes. Examples are retailers, end users and other companies who are selling or using FSC-certified products, such as packaging, in their business.
This course will help you understand:
- What FSC is and how it works
- What an FSC trademark licence is and who is eligible to hold one
- How to check that your suppliers and their products are FSC certified
- The graphic requirements for using the FSC trademarks in your promotional materials
- How to get your artwork approved
This course is free for all UK promotional licence holders. For UK organisations that do not hold an FSC trademark licence, this training can be accessed for a fee of £130 plus VAT for three months or £50 plus VAT for one month. This training might be useful, for example, if you employ marketing consultants or procurement specialists whose activities fall within the terms of your FSC trademark licence.